DISCRIMINATION IS PROHIBITED
Prohibited Practices Include:
- *Denying services because of race, color, or national origin.
- *Applying different standards for the same types of services.
- *Segregating clients solely because of race, color, or national origin.
- *Segregating health service facilities for non-medical reasons.
- *Refusing to grant equal privileges to clients or staff members.
- *Impairing human dignity by manner of address or treatment.
- *Failing to make allowances for language or educational difficulties.
Title VI of the Civil Rights Act of 1964 requires that federally assisted programs be free of discrimination.
The Tennessee Department of Health also requires that its services be offered to all eligible persons.
Should you feel you have been discriminated against, contact your local education Title VI representative.
Van Buren County Board of Education